Who are the most important people in your life?
Family is first and foremost. Family is extremely important. Family is an integral part of your heart.
After family, you have friends.Whether or not you realise it, friends form a part of your family too. They’re just not biologically related to you, but if someone’s your good friend, you treat them like they were a part of your family.
Then come along those people who just ‘click’ with you. You don’t know exactly when you got to know each other well, you just do. You trust them, they trust you. You cry or laugh with them, they cry or laugh with you.
When something is wrong, you’ll go running to them. They can calm you down and comfort you like nobody’s business.
She’s my person. If I ever murdered someone, she’s the one I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room. She’s my person. – Cristina, Grey’s Anatomy.
(Disclaimer: No murderer is on the loose and no murder is about to happen. Just quoting a TV show character. :))
Best friends are those people to whom you give absolute power to destroy you, trusting them not to. They are the people with whom you can be absolutely yourself.
- Best friends want to be around you because you’re you. They accept you for who you are and don’t judge you unnecessarily. They love you the way you are and any vulnerabilities or quirks that come along with you don’t bother them. They’ll embrace your silly insecurities and they’ll laugh off your crazy antics, if not join in them.
- Best friends don’t let you do crazy things….alone. We’re all crazy in our own ways, aren’t we? The point being, if the crazy things we do aren’t irrational or illogical in such a way that it could end up hurting someone, best friends join in the fun. You only say a word about writing a thank you letter to the Mayans for inventing chocolate, and in two seconds flat – BAM! – they have the whole plan written down.
- Best friends will always be there for you. No matter what time it is, or what they’re doing at the moment, best friends will always be there to listen to you. And sometimes, all you need is to pour it all out to someone. They’ll be there not only when it’s convenient, but when it’s extremely inconvenient.
- Best friends will always stand up for you. No one cares more than a best friend. No matter what, they’ll fight for you. Help you back up. Stand behind you the whole way. And when you get nervous, and you want to look back, you’re going to turn around and look at their face instead. They’ll be screaming, “What’re you doing? Turn around and walk forward!”
- Best friends find it fun to tease you and annoy you. They’re going to be the ones always cracking jokes at your expense and making fun of you. They’re going to find it fun. And you’re going to be okay with it. You’re going to be completely fine when your best friend does nothing but annoy you and tease you. You’re going to laugh with them when they laugh at you. (Because we all know we’re weird that way.)
- Best friends fight with you and joke with you within 3 minutes. You’ll have these huge fall outs – so huge that you’re convinced they’re never going to speak to you again. And within the next three minutes, you’re both joking around again, as close as ever, having forgotten the silly little issue that caused the fight in the first place.
- Best friends are your un-biological siblings. They act like your sibling and think of you as theirs. You’re as close to them as you would be to your sister or brother. You pick on them (in my case, get picked on by them :D) and joke with them, but you’re also there for them when they need you. They do the same for you.
Yes, I learnt all this from my best friend. This was inspired by a Daily Prompt some time back, but I was perfecting it, just because I’m a perfectionist.
My Answer is: Who a Best Friend is – An Un-biological Sibling.
Catch you later!